Wednesday, October 05, 2005

To answer your question, yes, I will have the chocolate platter and beer

So...yes, I've been away for nearly a week...

And yes, I have 35 minutes before I have to be at work and I'm not showered and powdered...

And yes, I'm wasting my precious, precious time to tell you this:

My man got a job!

And I'm beside myself with joy. It's like everything is thrown back into balance. I can stop worrying about EVERYTHING and just breathe. Yesterday I was told that our washer and dryer were going to be taken away because we're po' and can't afford to rent them. Big C, M and I have been sort of moping, looking at holes in our shoes, looking for old CDs and movies to sell because all of a sudden, we're so poor that we're like those smudgy-faced kids who hang out in front of pastry shops in old-world France or something and look in while rich ladies with white hats fan themselves and wrinkle their noses at the eye-sore that is us...

But no more! We can wipe our faces clean of po'ness and march right into those pastry shops and wrinkle OUR noses at those ladies and order the biggest platter of chocolatey richness...with a side of beer. Because we're American like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home