Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Raw, strong and ghetto...with a little bit of crazy

I have been in a mood lately.

I find it fun to drive home from work and pretend I'm crazy -- shooing people who get in my way, wagging my finger as if to say "nooooooo" to a child if they do something wrong, or screaming, "mooooooove!" at the top of my lungs to the bitch in front of me, chatting away on the cell phone...

No one fucks with you if they think you're crazy. It's the Big D, after all.

On another note, I may be in the process of being inducted into the Proofer Club. One proofer came up to me and told me that they're thinking of a nickname for me. That's swell. I'd like something raw, strong, ghetto, like "T-dawg" or "TJ" -- short for "tan-ja," which is a story in itself. I'll tell you anyway...I've got the time.

At my former place of employment where I was for the most part miserable, but kind of miss because I made some good friends there, one guy started calling me "tan-ja." When I asked him about it, he said, "because in Spanish, the "y" is pronounced with a "j" sound. I told him that's the reason my cousins in Mexico call me that, too. So, for short, he started with the "TJ" business and I felt all included in the Mexican cool club and stuff. God, I miss working with Hispanics.

But, I can't suggest any nicknames to the new proofers because that's not what a nickname's all about. But at the same time, I can't count on them to come up with something raw, strong and ghetto, either. I'll probably get stuck with "Faerie" or something.

I knew this guy in college who called himself "Logan," when his real name was Orlando. Totally uncool. When I asked him why "Logan," he hestitantly told me because of Wolverine from the X-men. That totally demystified the whole "Logan" thing, but I didn't ask any more questions because he was from Laredo and he could cut me.
Peace out, beetches!

Keeses,
T-dawg/TJ/Faerie

4 Comments:

Blogger mando said...

what if they decide your nickname should be smelly-butt? what will you do then?

5:36 PM  
Blogger deconstructionist said...

Hey, that's what my man M said! About the TS, not smelly butt. Gimme another nickname...

8:42 PM  
Blogger deconstructionist said...

Dude, Babi Joker RULES! I think anything with "Babi" in front of it -- Babi Shorty, Babi Helotes, Babi Sniffles...

Get your mind out of the gutter, Big C. Ya' dirty pee-vert.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true you cannot give yourself a nickname, I sometimes refer to myself as the lanceman, but my friends call me the big Canadian as a label rather then a nickname. Calling yourself a derivative of your name I do not think is giving yourself a nickname, but is like a bipolar personality exemption for over the top fun, like your crazy personality days.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home