Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Let me steal a post right quick

I am in a public library in Small-town-north-of-Dallas because Big C has no Internet in his apartment. I suspect the man to my left of reading my screen so "attention, man on my left! You smell weird and quite frankly I don't care much for your library etiquette!" Teaches him to not fuck with me.

Anyway. I'm adjusting to my new home and to be honest, it's not that bad. Oh, yeah...I almost forgot:

I GOT A JOB!!!

It's not my dream, but it'll do for now. I'll get to work in a tall building and wear slacks every day (except Fridays, when "the man" lets us wear jeans) and read a bunch of boring documents and make red marks on them. And get money. Mmm...money.

So all is well in deconstructionist-landia for the moment. In the past two weeks I've: learned what "spackling" and "caulking" mean, slept on the floor, seen a child with a hole in his throat (a "trach" as they say), gone to the driving range with friends on a Sunday morning which is another step in becoming old and traveled a total of 3,000 miles.

I'm exhausted. But excited.

Excuse me while I tell the smelly man to shower and refer him to the proper authorities.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the job! Thane mentioned M already got a job, too. DDB I think? Tell him I said congrats, too!

4:11 PM  
Blogger mando said...

meow meow meow. meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow. meow meow meow, meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow.
meow.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Vic said...

Enjoy Big D with Big C, hopefully I can come and visit before the summer is over.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home