Saturday, April 01, 2006

Long, red and stiff

I've been camping three times -- and every time has been an experience in itself -- but I'd have to say I've never been excited about the trips until about an hour before getting to the site. I have a hard time looking forward to things that require any kind of effort and planning, especially if I'm not the one planning it. That's Big C's job.

Next week is my fourth camping trip and for the first time, I'm actually excited about it. What changed, you ask? One little trip to a sporting goods store, that's what.

The purchases that have ignited the outdoorsy spirit in this cynical wine and cheese gal:

- A tent. The past three times I've camped, Matt and I have shared Big C's gi-normous tent. As I see it, the fourth time solidifies us as true campers, thus the necessity to stop being freeloading assholes and get our own damn tent. $30, my friends.

- An air matress. Our old one is broken.

- One very awesome chair with leopard print and a cushioney seat. I'm the only girl going on this trip and I have a feeling no one else will want to be seen enjoying this chair as much as I will.

- A fishing pole! It's red and long and stiff (ooo, baby) and I'm very excited to use it. As long as someone else baits my hook and guts my fish...that is, if I catch any. Doesn't matter -- I've got a red fishing pole. By the way, I've never been fishing before.

I promise not to get drunk and use the axe and I also promise to take pictures. Ciao, darlings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home