Thursday, March 02, 2006

You ain't shit

I've had an epiphany.

I've realized today that I ain't shit. I've been going about life all wrong. I whine and complain that I don't get the respect I think I deserve, I should be invited to all meetings, everyone should listen to ME -- basically I should have it easy because I'm me and screw everyone else.

I'm awake now. I realize that this attitude will get me nowhere. In fact, I look like a damn spoiled princess, alienating everyone around me, causing everyone I encounter (who doesn't by some miracle like me in spite of my flaws...I call these people my friends and family) to dismiss me or worse, dislike me. And up until an hour ago, I have been that spoiled princess. Call this "growing up," if you will. What you are witnessing right now, my dearests, is the maturing process of deconstructionist. Now if we can only get her to stop referring to herself in the third person.

I have to admit, it was nice being a spoiled princess. I floated through life effortlessly riding on the momentum of youthful cuteness and charm. It's amazing how easily many people cave when you pout and sprinkle some elegant, subtle manipulation in the air. (I used to disguise it in the form of fairy dust.) Those days are over. Everything finally makes sense. You witnessing an integral step in the maturing process of the d, my friends -- acceptance that I ain't shit.

My plan now that I know I ain't shit:

- Actually play by the rules -- it's easier than it sounds because I just have to watch everybody else. They've been doing it all their lives.
- Have a beer because I can now relax.
- Excel at everything I do because even though I ain't shit, I still have some of my old "getting by skills." I'm a creature of habit and the mix between my humble acceptance of my newfound post in life and my irresistible charm will make me queen superstar of the planet earth.

I'm telling you, it's the perfect formula for becoming the queen superstar of the planet earth. Acceptance that you ain't shit plus charisma equals superstardom...if not a sound life at least.

2 Comments:

Blogger SUEB0B said...

You may be onto something. All the spiritual paths I have found that actually work emphasize that we aren't special, we are just like everyone else...but that's so relaxing in its own way. Have a beer and feel ordinary. Then go do your extraordinary, ordinary thing.

11:30 PM  
Blogger deconstructionist said...

Ha. I know I'm committing a blogging faux pas by commenting on a "past" entry, but thanks, guys. It's really not that bad being "ain't shit" -- there's a lot of peace in that. I can relax now. No big expectations here -- my extraordinary things will happen by will of the "dream" and as a result of patience...

And of course acceptance of being "ain't shit."

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home