Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Work and guitar lesson update

After such a wretched Friday yelling at work, I had a lovely weekend in which I recorded music with my little brother-the-genius, did laundry and watched TV with my lovely Matt. I saw "There Will Be Blood" and um yeah. Fucking ruled. I know a movie's good when I keep thinking about it the next day or want to talk about it with whoever's willing to listen. "No Country..." can suck my balls. Blood should've won best picture.

Anyway, what you really want to hear about is how my guitar lessons are going, right?

I had my third guitar lesson today. I practiced my two songs he assigned me all this weekend, and for the first time I had FUN at my lesson.

There was no worry of judgment over my gig bag smelling like weed, and I was finally comfortable playing in front of him. I felt comfortable being myself around him. And by "myself," I mean saying "shit" and "damn" when I messed up at the guitar. His instruction was professional, but also friendly, to which I responded positively, with "cool" and "yeah, that's a good idea."

I think the first two lessons were a trial period in which we were just figuring each other out. He's actually just a nice guy who has a nine-month-old baby and likes guitar. And I think I actually learned some things from him today. Like what a D9 chord is. Didn't know that before. Thanks, guitar dude.

Still thinking about that Mexico vacation. I may just take a pre-vacation weekend vacation to the hometown -- where the food is good and the people are nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home