Saturday, March 15, 2008

Strange dream

I had a weird dream last night.

I dreamt that I was in Mexico with my family and everyone was out for some reason and I got bored and just left without my purse -- no wallet, ID, phone number to my aunt's house, address, nothing. Just me on the streets of large, busy, confusing Puebla.

I wander away from the house and end up lost. I look back and there are forks in the roads, large buildings that all look the same, and I look forward, as if to say, "fuck it. I'll find a way."

I keep wandering, although panic is starting to kick in. I don't know how to call home, have no money to get home. Just me and the clothes off my back.

I end up at this large cathedral/old university type of building and I bust in, all dramatic, and start running through it. Like I had a mission. I end up at the back of the building, at the last room. I know where I am. In my dream, I'd read about this room -- it's where tourists from all over the world go to see the oldest living dog in the world.

I open the door and I see a Scottish peasant woman with a tattered black shawl and a kind face. She tells me, "there he is" and behind the open door I see an old poodle dog sprawled out on a bench against the wall, kind of twitching and groaning. There's a man kind of squatting against the wall opposite me who says, "he's not in good shape."

The dog is eating one of his front legs and slowly his face turns into the face of an old hippie man, with long dirty blonde hair and no teeth. I thought of the news story that lead me to this place: about a man who many years ago had decided to live as a pet and this kind Scottish couple took him in and took up a residence in a modest room in this nameless old cathedral building. I thank them and leave. Then I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home