Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Now that Anthony's gone, who's gonna love me now?

So I just watched American Idol and if I could just get my mind off Ryan Seacrest (for those of you folks who don't know, I *fancy* him) for a moment, I have a few things to say.

Simon -- (totally hot, too, by the way) his piercing directness makes the show "real" in a way, although his blatant partiality for Carrie is making me want to stab him with the CD case of her first record (because she's totally getting a deal whether or not she wins).

Paula -- Okay, at first I thought she was a sad sauce monster/pill popper...until I saw her biography. Wait, don't laugh. She's been through hell and now I kind of like her. She's got spunk. [insert really inappropriate joke about my new friend, ya filthy pigs]

Randy -- Oh. I see a pattern here. I don't feel like going down the list just because and seeing that I really don't have anything to say about him, I'll just move on.

Carrie -- She's being groomed for first place which I think is bull shit, but it's understandable, considering the top dogs will probably suck the most money out of her. If you ask me, Vonzell's the better singer and has better stage presence.

Vonzell -- Should be the winner.

Bo -- I'm over the whole rocker thing, but I definitely prefer him to that creepy ogelly-eyed other dude. Yeah, I know his name, but even his name is creepy. I can never hear "My Funny Valentine" without shuddering now. Thanks, thanks a lot.

And finally, Anthony -- poor, sweet Jon Secada-Clay Aiken-Barry Manilow-esque Anthony. Many moons ago, I, too, fell for the whole hole-in-the-neck story, but alas, his sappy tale and mediocre vocals are finally out of my television and now I have to develop another non-crush on another young blonde guy.

2 Comments:

Blogger mando said...

you watch WAY TOO MUCH idol. you're more like idle. ha.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya I don't know how to tell you this...Your blog is really very fun to read. You are a writer. You are a literary mind. I can not begin to explain to you how cool it is to read creative and well thought out blogs. Thank you...see you soon!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home